Community Forum

start/stop internet at vacation home

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

start/stop internet at vacation home

I have an odd situation for which I cannot find an answer.  I own a vacation condo in Florida.  The condo is only sporadically occupied throughout the year.  Comcast TV service is provided by the condo association through our condo fees (a so-called “bulk account”).  Internet service is an individual responsibility. Two questions:  (1)  Is there a way to turn the internet service off and on repeatedly throughout the year? The local newspaper service allows this---we simply go online and start and stop the service as needed.  Does Comcast have a similar service option? (2)  Our “introductory offer” ran out this month.  The internet bill increased about 50% for very slow internet speeds.  This is hard to swallow for a service that is not needed most of the days of the year. How can I get the bill back down?

When I tried chatting online or calling, the Comcast reps essentially threw up their hands and gave up when I explained that it is a partial “bulk account.”  None of them knew what to do. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.