Community Forum

service on hold for military duty

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

service on hold for military duty

I am single and live alone in PA, I was called up from the army reserves for 90 days of active duty outside of the country.  My current comcast cable, phone, internet bill is $289/month.  I called comcast to see if it can be put on hold for 3 months they said no. I said noone was going to be in the home using the services therefore it was crazy to pay for it.  Can't I just put the servcie on hold and have nothing delivered to the house and in 3 months reactivate it allowing me to keep the same phone number and equipment.  They said no.  I said then I will cancel service they said they can't cancel service in the future and that I would have to the day before I deploy bring my comcastvoice router, and eight cable cards to the store and cancel service and then when I get back reorder everything and start a new contract (even though I am not on contract now).   I said really you want me to pay for 3 months of service that I am not using or return everythign and then reset it all up again in 3 months.  I said that under SRA act you have to give me back my same phone number if I reactivate withing 180 days, They said they have no way to do that.  I said it is Federal Law that they have to do that and I quoted them the line and they said they have no way to do that regardless of what federal law said!!.  Finally I said if you make me cancel service return all the equipment that I will not reactivate service with you and will go with another provider and I was told that was my choice.  I spoke to a supervisor (after 30 minutes) answer was the same either pay the bill or cancel the servcie.   So the great Comcast rather than put my account on hold for 90 Days (as every other company in the world does for military service) saving me $900 will be loosing $3500 worth of business per year for the next 30 years or about $100,000 in cable fees and they are just fine with that.  How can that customer service be in the best interest of the shareholders of NBC/Comcast. Comcast is either anti Military or just figures it wil lbe so much of a hassel to return everythgin and lose one's phone number (a violation of federal law) that one will just keep paying the bill for 3 months So on November 5th unless something changes I will unplug my internet and 8 cable cards drive 20 miles to hte comcast store cancel my account and servcie and then in 3 months I will get Blue Ridge Cable and never use comcast again and tell everybody that I met what a mismanaged company comcast is and how they have zero polict to deal with military deployments.       

Official Employee

Re: service on hold for military duty

Hello psbjrmd. I can review our policy for your area regarding the availability of the Seasonal Convenience Plan. 

Learn more about this here: https://www.comcastseasonal.com/

To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account and research further.