Community Forum

scamming surveys by comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

scamming surveys by comcast

why do I keep getting these scammy surveys from your 'partners'?  first of all they just pop up.  If you were truly interested, you'd e-mail the master account holder.  2.  A FREE gift doesn't come with needing to pay shipping.  IF you are using them to do surveys, I WANT to know how to be removed from that list!  I did not give you permission to hijack my machine with this <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Profanity">

<Edited. Link not valid>

Problem Solver

Re: scamming surveys by comcast

These scam pop ups has nothing to do with Comcast. They also do not take over your machine. You may have mal ware. I surges you run a virus and mal ware detection software.

Regular Visitor

I just got a pop up survey today. The best thing you can do is just delete it. don't open it. If you have any computer knowlege, right click on the pop up or web site and at the bottom of the context menu click inspect. It's the code used to wrie the site. If you're patient enough just read down the page and you will see the actual site you were directed to or where the pop up/site originated. it's easy to spot. It starts with www just like any site. copy it and google it. chances are, someone else got it and you'll find out if it's real or not. But, I can tell you it's a scam. One of the worst ones is where you click on one of these sites, enticed by some free or just intersesting and your PC locks up and says you have a virus. The it goes on to tell you Microsoft technicians can clean it by calling a 1800 number. What ever you do, don't call them and let them scam you out of $200 or $300. That's the going rate. They know people won't pay anymore than that. but you would be amazed at how many people will pay the couple of hundred to remove something that they just inserted. Be careful folks, the internet can be a dangerous place. Like Barnum once saupposibly said, theres a fool born every minute! Don't be a fool to internet scams!

New Poster

I've had this fraudulent "comcast" scam pop up several times recently.

I hope Comcast sues them.

There should be some documentation noted somewhere.  Therefore, I will post information that may be relevant.

The domain of the scam is "kewsurvey.com"  -- do not go to the site or else you risk being scammed.

Do not give out your credit card to them.  

The domain is privately registered (so there are no incriminating names), and it apparently has been registered with a Cayman Islands doman registrar.  As to whether this helps spammers/fraudsters evade the reach of the law, I don't know.  But if the Cayman Islands does protect them, then this country should no longer be allowed to register *.com/*.net/*.org etc... domains.

Screenshot evidence posted here:

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 12.49.22 PM.png
Official Employee