Community Forum

safety issue concern

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

safety issue concern

There is a serious safety concern being caused by the Comcast access box in the sidewalk on American St near Spruce St in Philadelphia PA.  The lid/cover of you box is very slippery when wet complicated further at this location by the pitch of the cover in the sidewalk.  The sidewalk is at an pitch in excess of the city code at the point where the Comcast box and cover is located, very near a handicap ramp curb cut out.  Several neighbors have slipped and fallen so far no one has been seriously hurt, but it is just a matter of time before someone is seriously injured.  We have tried to keep salt on cover but due to the pitch it quickly runs off cover.  Additionally the cover is not flush with the bricks of the sidewalk.  This is a problem that has to be corrected immediately.

Expert

Re: safety issue concern

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: safety issue concern

Hi csitkoquemore, 

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I'd like to reach out to the local techs in this area so we can get this taken care of. In order for me to do so, I may need to gather some additional information about this location.

Could you please reach out in a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe", and click on private message me. In the body of this message could you possibly provide me with an address or the name of businesses in the vicinity? The information provided is too vague and I'm afraid this will not be enough to send a tech out. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!