Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

".tech" personal e-mail address is invalid

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

".tech" personal e-mail address is invalid

I'm trying to enter my personal email address  (myusername@mydomain.tech) as my personal e-mail address. It gives me an error "invalid e-mail address".  Are we restricted to the old-school pre-ICANN 1998 top-level domains (.com, .org, .gov, .edu, etc.)?  If so, that's silly. Please fix your input validation and pretend it's finally the 21st century.

*** EDIT ***  Ironically, this forum site accepts my personal e-mail address with no complaints.

Admin1

Re: ".tech" personal e-mail address is invalid

Hi Milligence -- I can help with that personal email issue. Would you be able to send that email address to me in a PM please? I spoke with our Security team and they do not see an issue with using a .tech domain. They are requesting to see the entire email address to see if there is anything that would restrict it.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Regular Visitor

OK, PM sent.  I should add neither first tier support nor the Fraud and Security team were able to update the e-mail on their systems, too.  Hope your folks can have better luck on their end.

Admin1

Milligence -- I received your PM last week and sent over your email address to our Security team. I'm following up to see if you've heard back from them yet. 

Admin1
Moved:

Regular Visitor

I've heard nothing from the Security team.