Community Forum

"Sorry, that rate is only for new customers."

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

"Sorry, that rate is only for new customers."

Asked for the $29.99 internet only promo that is advertised. Told it is for new customers only. This is after I said I was going to bring all my phones over to Xfinity Mobile. Even though I've been a loyal customer for almost 20 years, still can't do. So I need to switch to Fios and when/if I come back I can get that right? Yes, the rep said. Ok.

New Poster

Re: "Sorry, that rate is only for new customers."

Hi,

I ran into the same issue.  A customer for 10+ years and never reset my contract.  I'm in the stone ages when it comes to internet speed and the prices for non-new customers is insane.  I was told the samething when I contacted Comcast, that I can't get get any of the new customer contracts.

I currently have 22 mpbs, 10+ channels at around $90 (not including rental, fees, etc).  But for just (sarcasm) $140 I could get 150mbps and 220+ channels.  Then probably in a year jump to an insane price.  That was the only package available to me as an existing customer!

I'm getting ready to switch my service.  So much for supporting loyal customers.

Official Employee

Re: "Sorry, that rate is only for new customers."

Thank you, I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!