Community Forum

"Free" speed upgrade has nearly crippled my Internet usage

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

"Free" speed upgrade has nearly crippled my Internet usage

*resubmitting this because my internet failed and i don't know if it posted or not*

I am yet another customer who received a letter in January with instructions on how to take advantage of the recent upgrade in speed, and after doing so, my capabilities have slowly eroded away until now I am averaging between 9Mbps and 16Mbps downloads, and my upload speed has been decimated to below 1Mbps (according to Test My Net & Speed of Me; the Xfinity speed test is complete garbage).

I have Performance Internet, consistently receiving 25Mbps - 35 Mbps download speeds before I power cycled the modem for the "free" increase.
I also own my own modems (Arris SB6141 & Netgear CM1000) and routers (Netgear R6250 & Linksys AC1900 (EA7500)) and have tried every possible modem with/without a router configuration to see if I could isolate any equipment issue, but my unacceptable speeds remain unmoved.

Considering the recent price increase which came through without a problem, I'm hoping to get this resolved asap.
Thanks