Community Forum

"DGS", erroneous charge, customer service haggling with me

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

"DGS", erroneous charge, customer service haggling with me

New poster here. If I'm retreading the same ground as other users please excuse me.

Comcast/Xfinity customer service is apparently outsourced to a company called DGS, which I believe stands for "Digital Globe Services". Most of these representatives have a hard time speaking English. In November my monthly bill carried an additional $70 charge for a "home distress call", which was me complaining that my music channels weren't working properly and kept cutting out. A technician came out and tighened the connection, but then billed us for a replaced item (the $70). When I spoke with a representative in November about this charge she said "it's billable", but was unable to tell what the part was that apparently had been replaced, and could not find a way to do so. She came back after about ten minutes of deliberation and told me she couldn't reverse the whole charge, but she could credit back half of it as a "one-time credit". I told her no, and her supervisor said that while the charge was billable and I should avoid calling in for repair work in the future if I don't want to be billed for it, the whole $70 would be credited back on my December bill.

I got my bill yesterday, and the credit's not there. I called the customer service line and got another representative who told me he could take $35 off (not $70), and would even knock $10 off my monthly charges going forward if I agreed. I told him no, that's not what I asked for, and he transferred me to a supervisor, "Charles", who echoed the same deal. "We're not able to discount that much here," he said. "It's not possible." When I told him to transfer me to someone who could, he said, "There's nobody here like that [a manager]. He's not in just now." I told him to transfer me to this manager's voice mail, and "Charles" told me the manager "Ghris" doesn't have one, nor does he have an extension, nor does he talk to customers. He then told me if I didn't accept the $10 monthly discount deal, he would hang up the phone.

This is when I began investigating, because this is stupid. Why haggle with me for a charge? Are these prices meaningless enough that any kid with a headset can take off an arbitrary amount from the total charge, like $10 monthly? Just take off the charge that doesn't belong! But these representatives can't, and according to them, the supervisor I spoke with in November tried but didn't make her credit correctly, or the charge would have already been reflected.

I spoke with a representative named Lisette who credited me the full $70. I'll be surprised if I actually get the discount, since it took four tries today just to get someone to follow through on what they should have last month. Supposedly the credit will be on my account online within 48 hours. If you have a similar issue (random or false charges, customer service representatives trying to haggle with you), try calling this number: 855-817-7969, not the one they put on the printed bills. Best of luck to you if you run into the same problem.

Expert

Re: "DGS", erroneous charge, customer service haggling with me

They really shouldn't give you a refund at all as you were correctly billed for the trouble call. The tech showed up and fixed an issue with your wiring. The reps were attempting to give you a credit anyway to keep you happy, but they typically can't offer a courtesy credit as high as $70. If a credit was applied to your account, it wouldn't show up until your next bill. 

I am not an employee.