Community Forum

off to a great start...technician hooked up equipment and left- said there's no connection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

off to a great start...technician hooked up equipment and left- said there's no connection

We had out installation appointment this morning after purchasing internet, cable TV, and phone service last weekend. We are current uverse customers but wanted to switch to xfinity due to bad customer service and poor quality from att. The technician came as promised, spent 3 hours looking at all our cable connections and told me we had a "construction issue" and there was no line for comcast into our house (we had comcast internet and cable several years ago and now have uverse).

Technician said he had hooked us back up to ATT and his supervisor would be out "in a few hours." Meanwhile, technician left the xfinity cable box hooked up but reconnected the uverse internet. Supervisor never shows up or calls, and a call to xfinity customer services confirmed that there was mention of a problem and that a supervisor would be out between 3 and 5 pm and I shouldnt leave but wait at my home.  No one came or called.

Now I'm dealing with a "closed order" with no service, my cable connections ripped apart by the technician, a pile of useless xfinity equipment, and no idea when/if anyone is planning to help us.

Any advice? Thanks! 

Expert

Re: off to a great start...technician hooked up equipment and left- said there's no connection

Oh wow, that is just completely unacceptable. That should have never happened. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: off to a great start...technician hooked up equipment and left- said there's no connection

Hi KBC2,  apologies for your experiences with your install. I am showing you talked to agents after this post, and if you are still needing assistance  please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you