Community Forum

nightmare service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

nightmare service

Opened a new acct at a new address. Was told to go down to store by Martina of this  week Jan 8 2018 and I can get a deal as a new customer for 49.99 Dig economy and internet. So Go down to store they said yes stood there for over an hr then they said Oh no that was a mistake by the girl. I said what.. so they hiked it up to a higher rate with showtime which I do not need. I then asked what about a DVR discount or HD no nothing anymore. My mother had passed away and I closed her acct and opened a new acct as a new customer under my name as I was told to do.... So I called got modem all set email transferred all was well.Also  they erased everything I had saved on the DVR which was listed under my mothers name but they said okay no need to bring it in. they will transfer it... So email was all set called email transferred it to new acct. Everything was fine until this morning email off line could not get email. Called tech support they said we need the acct number I said I cannot find the receipt.. Went on the TV only the last four of my acct number was there Plus an unknown phone number which was not mine??? Even when I called comcast the number on TV was wrong so they could not identify me. I said I have no idea how that happened...So On with tech support they said I have to go down to store to get acct number so they can reset my email password. I said what this is insane.. But he then said he'd credit my acct, How could he do that if he does not have an acct number..... I have had the run around from comcast to false pricing to no other discounts and to have to go all the way BACK to the store to get my acct number... This is a huge inconvenience.. Something needs to be done here ASAP