Community Forum

internet speed

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

internet speed

i am paying for 150 mbps, and i am only getting 50 mbps, this has been going on for 10 years, of corse 10 years ago there was only 50 mbps available but back then i was only gettin 2 to 3 mbps. comcast said we will fix it, but after their so called fix, it worked for  1 day, then decreased. i have to call every month to get them to fix this problem, you would think that after 10 years, they would fix it, but still nothing. im stuck with comcast, because i am in unincorperated west chicago il, and there is no other option.. GREAT WORK COMCAST !!!!!!!!!!

Expert

Re: internet speed

It's not normal to be getting less than advertised speeds. If you want to do some troubleshooting on your own, start here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/125...

Or maybe get a tech out to fix it?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!