Community Forum

downgrading service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

downgrading service

I have been trying to downgrade service due to my dissatisfaction with increasing rates.  I don't believe Xfinity values loyalty and instead rewards new service members and punished loyal customers with much higher rates.  Unfortunately I live in an area where I don't have another choice of service provider.  I am not interested in speaking with a customer service representative for extended periods of time and am looking for an alternative.  I have tried an online chat and was redirected to a phone number.  I also tried changing service via my online account and was redirected to the following message,

We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order.

Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help.

It shouldn't be this difficult or complicated for a paying customer to change the services for which they pay every month!  I currently only need internet service and phone service if possible at a reasonable rate.  It makes no sense to me and is frankly disturbing that the rates offered to new customers, while temporary and introductory, are so much lower.  I have been a loyal Xfinity customer for years, but I am ready to terminate service if necessary.  Can anyone help me with a much better rate even if for internet service only?  I would hate to have to leave comcast after having been a loyal paying customer.  Thanks in advance.   

Official Employee

Re: downgrading service

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there any available promotions for you if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.