Community Forum

costomer care vs policies. what is really the right thing to do?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

costomer care vs policies. what is really the right thing to do?

It turns out that in the chaos of Christmas, on 12/23/17, one of my small children (ages 2 and 4) successfully ordered an NHL package from the remote. As a loyal costomer who uses paperless billing, automatic payements, and who never orders anything from the remote, I did not notice the $154.82 extra charge to my account until it appeared on my credit card statement. The day I noticed the charge (2/2/18), I called to to seek out a refund and cancel said NHL package. The billing agent was very kind and understanding. He canceled the package, helped me reset the parental controls (not sure how they got turned off) and was confedent that I would see a refund in a timely mannor.

Here we are on 2/22/18 and I still have not seen my refund. I called customer service today and I was informed that my refund was denied because I did not catch it within 30 day. (Keep in mind that I caught it in 40 days, not 6 months, not 2 years.) That was a surprise to me because the "30 day rule" was not mentioned to me when I called on 2/2. I felt blind sided. Today a spent 1 hour and 11 minutes on the phone with 4 different customer service reps. I finally reached someone who said my situation deserved a refund. She understood my situation and didn't understand why billing didn't take care of me. Once transfered back to the billing department, I was again told sorry...you didn't check you bill in time. Oh well, our policy is more important than our customers. REALLY!?! Check the recording of the last converstation. She admitted that policy was more important than my satisfaction as a customer!

Now I am at a crossroads. I am moving into a new house next month. I have already confirmed that my service will transfer (the billing rep. on 2/2 helped me verify everything). I cannot belive an exception to the 30 day policy was not granted to a loyal customer for an accidentaly service ordered by a child. I don't know how the parental contols got turned off. All of this is human error. I am not denying that. I never thought that comcast would not do right by me, and now I plan to cancel my service when I move. Comcast will lose a loyal customer over 10 days and $154.82. Does someone out there have a different resoultion? I don't feel like I can be treated this way and look the other way. I don't feel like I can remain a satisfied customer. This is all very disappointing.

Official Employee

Re: costomer care vs policies. what is really the right thing to do?

Hi bethpurdy,

Sorry for the late reply. I can investigate this further for you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.