Community Forum

contract misled me to believe 24 mos guarantee

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

contract misled me to believe 24 mos guarantee

I signed a contract with Comcast one year ago.  The contract clearly states 24 month price guarantee.  The salesman even reassurred me that my bill would not increase for 24 months.  However, when receiving my bill for the 13th month of the contract, it increased by $20.  After scouring the contract to see if I missed a date for some item to expire, I called customer service.  I was first told the increase was to prepare me for everyday Comcast pricing.  When I questioned further about why the contract guarantees my price to be fixed for 24 months, I was eventually told the price of the equipment was not included in that guarantee.  I am again staring at my contract that clearly states  xfinity tv is price guaranteed for 24 months.  The contract even lists the HD DVR boxes.  If this is true, Comcast has totally misrepresented my contract and misled me.  If the contract had stated the equipment price was going to expire after 12 months, I would have stayed with Verizon.  At least they are straight forward and clearly represent their contracts with consumers.  This must be why I have been warned about Comcast's service from several friends.  Fortunately, the contract does not prevent me from telling as many people as possible about how I have been misled by Comcast.