Community Forum

complaint and then praise

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

complaint and then praise

I called the 800 # to tell them I was moving and asked if I could keep my phone #.  On 12/1/17 at approximately 9 a.m. the girl with an odd name that started with an S told me I could just unplug my modem and box and plug it in at my new address.  She told me that I would have to get a new phone # and pay for it because Comcast never charged me for my phone and I must have my phone with AT&T.

I never got a bill from AT&T and I do NOT have my phone with AT&T.  I told her I must have had free phone service with Comcast for 10 years and she laughed.

As she made no sense, I went to the Comcast office on Port St. Lucie Blvd. in Port St. Lucie Fl. and dealt with Luis Escalante who informed me that I had phone service with Comcast all along but I'd have to get a new phone # because I was moving out of the area but there would be NO charge.  He also informed me that my equipment where I presently live is not compatible with the service I would have with Comcast in a different county and therefore, I would have to return my equipment to Port St. Lucie office and receive new equipment with the Comcast office in my new county.

It's totally unacceptable that a customer service rep gives out WRONG information.  Evidently the training Comcast reps receive is lacking the correct info and that is a very good reason NOT to deal with Comcast at all.

Dealing with Luis today who gave me all the CORRECT info should be considered an outstanding employee and I was fortunate in not accepting the word of the telephone rep and decided to go into the office.  Shame on Comcast telephone reps who do NOT care about customer service nor the customer.  The phone rep put me on hold 2 times to get me the correct info and came back to me with the WRONG info.

Official Employee

Re: complaint and then praise

Hello al23.  We apologize for any miscommunication. We appreciate your feedback, and I will pass this along for you. If you have any other questions regarding your account or services, please let me know, I would be happy to assist you. You can feel free to send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.