Community Forum

charged extra for not doing auto pay

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

charged extra for not doing auto pay

I received a letter informing me that my self-service discount of about $55 per month requires enrollment in ecobill and automatic payment. I am enrolled in ecobill and do not receive a paper bill, thus Comcast has no expense involved in sending me a bill. I choose to have control over when the payment is made, so I'm not in automatic payment. The letter tells me that my discount will go away if I don't enroll in autobill. They don't say how much more it will be, so I have to assume they want to charge me $55 for paying my own bill. I'd like clarification on this, as this is the first I've heard of this "requirement". I always pay my bill on time, and I think it's appalling that a company wants to nickel and dime people for not letting the company draft a customer's checking account at will. I'll certainly remember this when my contract expires and it's time to shop around. 

New Poster

Re: charged extra for not doing auto pay

This is a great question because my household received this same letter.  I feel the same way as you.  I don't like auto pay.  This letter sounds like you are being forced to do the auto pay.  It seems they look for reasons to increase your bill like it isn't enough already.  May be time to shop around.

New Poster

I too received that letter. I Googled auto pay and found several posts about issues with their process. It doesn't get deducted and they end up charging a late fee, they say that you weren't enrolled. I will comply to save the $55 but I will also monitor their deductions. And they wonder why people are cutting the cord.
Admin1

Hello All -- The self-service discount applies a -$5 credit towards you bill, not a -$55 credit. You will still receive a regular discount on your services, if your package currently has one, even if you do not have AutoPay and Ecobill enrolled. 

We also do not have issues with our AutoPay enrollment. Our AutoPay accounts do deduct without issue, as long as there is not an issue with the card or account the payment is pulling from. 

New Poster

Please clarify.  We are entitled to a $5.00 discount every month if we enroll in auto pay?  Does the consumer get a notice when their bill is increased and the reason why before theyr'e autopaying?  This seems to be an enticement to lure people into ignorance at which time xfinity raises costs without challenge.  

New Poster

Thanks for the info. I believe the letter should be clearer on exactly what the discount amount is. The wording led me to believe my promotional discounted price would go away if I did not enroll in auto pay.

Official Employee

Hi, noneofyourbzns - The autopay discount is not related to the rate increase or promotional pricing roll-off for example. If we increase rates for our services, you will be able to find this information in advance in your billing statements. If you have any questions regarding your bill please feel free to send me a private message with e your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Thank you!