Community Forum

charged $60 for tech to not fix the problem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

charged $60 for tech to not fix the problem

I had a tech contractor come out to help resolve some internet drops I was having, he changed the block on the side of the house and the wall plate. The problem got worse and I had to actually schedule a real technican to come out and look at the pole. The 2nd technician came out and found the problem at the pole and fixed it.

Why was I charged $60 for the first visit when the problem wasn't in my home but at your pole? Contacted customer support and was told because they entered the home the charge is valid...

The problem wasn't in my home but at your pole, when I scheduled both visits I was told that if the problem wasn't in the home then I wouldn't be charged.

Please help

Official Employee

Re: charged $60 for tech to not fix the problem

Hello, codemodeus - 

I would like to take a look at the charge further with you. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!