Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

change last name

New Poster

change last name

I GOT MARRIED AND NEED TO CHANGE MY LAST NAME ON MY ACCOUNT. HOW CAN I SEND THIS INFO WITHOUT GOING INTO AN OFFICE AND WAITING HOURS TO BE SERVICED.

THANKS
Official Employee

Re: change last name

Hi @Shay131. I can review your account for a last name change due to marriage. Please send me a private message and include your full maiden name, new married last name, service address, and account number so I can assist. 

New Poster

Hi,

I'd like to update my last name on my account.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Official Employee

Hello Shay131, was ComcastJoe able to get this changed for you? 

c_s17, I can definitely do this for you from my end as long as it's just a name change. If the SSN is going to change due to an account transfer to another person, we wouldn't be able. This would need to be done in person. I would be happy to help you as well. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

I have the exact same situation (changed last name after marriage and need to update my Comcast account with the new name). Is this possible to do through the Comcast website now (or some way without having to go into a service center)? Thanks very much in advance!
Official Employee

Hi jdhn, I can do this for you from here as long as the SSN isn't changing on the account. Only if the SSN is changing you would need to go in person. Let me know if I can assist you going forward. Thank you

Regular Visitor

Hi, I need to change just the last name on my account
Official Employee

Hello JeanieD, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.