Community Forum

cancel/modify services impossible online or by phone

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

cancel/modify services impossible online or by phone

Hi, I woke up this morning to a comcast bill that was over $40 higher than the "promotional" price I agreed to when upgrading to Xfinity services. This is absurd - a few dollars for tax and fees is one thing, but I own my own equipment, so all these other fees, some as high as $18 are beyond the pale. So I signed in to my account to change my service. Well apparently, I can't do that any more - that last 3 times I needed to change service, I was conveniently offered to chat with someone online, who was able to resolve the issue for me. Now, I just get "I'm sorry, it looks like you have to call this number to do anything to your account." I called the number, entered my phone number, and was hung up on "Comcast doesn't service your area." What the heck? Try again. "Comcast doesn't serve your area, goodbye - click." Now I'm getting angry. I wake up christmas eve to a present of a large increase in my bill without notice, and when I try to resolve it, I'm hung up on by a machine. I searched for another number to call, and tried again, this time when I called the robot thinks I'm at a different address as soon as it answers. Never been at that adress. So I enter my VOIP phone number, and apparently "Comcast doesn't serve your area, good bye." 4th call, almost a half hour into this excercise, and this time I enter my account number. Finally, the robots realize that I am in fact a comcast customer. But of course, I have to call back during business hours, goodbye. 

Really? I get a suprise bill, fight with robots to get them to understand that I actually exist for over half an hour, and the solution is that I have to wait? So I call again this time to disconnect my services, and when I get to the menu to do that, I'm back to not existng and being hung up on.

I need to either cut my services to below $100/month all taxes included, or cancel. And I need to do it today. No service is worth this hassle. Comcast reps, looking forward seeing your responses. - A customer since 1999.

Official Employee

Re: cancel/modify services impossible online or by phone

Hello @raz0rama. We're sorry you had so much trouble trying to reach us. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your financial needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.