Community Forum

billing

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

billing

Hello,

I would appreciate a manager to review my account and contact me to resolve my billing issues.

I have made a few calls to the Comcast 800# (800-934-6498) over the last 2 months or so to try to get ready for the end of my 2 year term agreement (the most recent being yesterday around 5pm central time - which I was hung up on the 2 times I called). I also made multiple calls around 7/19/17 where I tried to discuss updating my agreement/pricing before the term ended, but I was told that my agreement and billing could not be changed until the term ended (in September).

During the 7/19/17 calls I was asked if I would like to have a free month of HBO and I said yes. I knew that after the month of free HBO ended that I would end up having to pay $15 a month for it. I was NOT told there was a term applied to my account for accepting the free month of HBO OR that it locked in a price per month that is now over $190. I would never had agreed to that. 

Since I use my AOL email exclusively, I do not regularly check my Comcast email. Last night I went into my Comcast email and saw that there was a TERM AGREEMENT email sent to my Comcast email on 7/20/17. When I click on the links in the email it does not state what the term agreement timeframe is. 

Since my original term agreement is now over (the 2 year term that started in September of 2015), I would like to find out how I can lower my bill back to the $120-$140 per month as during the 2 year term. I would appreciate a manager would look at my account/services and get back to me to let me know what is possible. I am currently not interested in having HBO or Security, but I am willing to hear any deals you can offer to get my bill lowered to a more affordable monthly fee.

If I end up having to continue the same billing ($190+ a month) for this term that I don't know how long it is (as it was never mentioned via the phone discussion or via the email) I will not be able to consider continuing Comcast in the future.

I would like to have this billing issue resolved and appreciate your consideration and understanding.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: billing

jpmorrisonjr wrote: ... I do not regularly check my Comcast email ...

If you don't check your Comcast email it's a good idea to auto-forward it to an address you do check. As you have seen, somtimes they send out stuff that's actually important.

If you still have the old "Zimbra" webmail ("web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/..."), the setting is under Preferences / Email / Email Forwarding. If you have the new Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/..."), the setting is under (gear icon) / Settings / Mail / Auto Forward.

Note that messages flagged as spam will not be forwarded unless you have spam filtering turned off.

Regular Visitor

This does not resolve my main billing problem.

It also doesn't resolve the fact that I was NOT told over the phone anything about a term change when I was talking with the comcast service agent when I agreed to accept the free month.

I would appreciate if a manager would set up a time to discuss this billing problem with me. Just provide me with a name and number to call and a time.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi jpmorrisonjr, 

As the corporate digital care team, we primarily work through private message on social media to resolve concerns. I am more than happy to review the current promo's in your area to see how we can lower your monthly rate. Since you stated you wanted to remove the security system, we can also be sure to review options that don't include the Home Security. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services, or the full account number. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.