Community Forum

a 5-day nightmare

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

a 5-day nightmare

I have been a Comcast customer for the last year and half without any trouble, but 5 days ago, my internet service suddently cut out.

After a 5-day nightmare, I finally have my internet service again. I am writing this message because I would like to have a conversation with Comcast about how poorly it handled my internet outage. I've tried calling, but have implicitly been told  "shut up, everyone makes mistakes"

Two major issues:

Phone rep dishonesty

I've been explicitly lied to by 3 different comcast agents - I have phone recordings.  For example, on March 1st, an agent told me that I had a tech appointment the next morning between 8-10 a.m. In preperation for the tech coming, I cancelled two meetings I had the next morning. At 10 a.m. the next day, no one had showed up, so I called Comcast again. I was then told I had an appointment scheduled for March 3rd 1-3  p.m., NOT March 2nd 8-10 a.m. That second agent refused to believe that I was told otherwise the previous night. 

Technician who did not follow protocol

When the Comcast tech arrived on March 3rd, he was disrespectful of both my property and my time. I asked that he remove his shoes before entering my home and he refused, saying it is against company policy. (I know this is not true since the tech who visited today put sanitary bags on his shoes before stepping in.)  That tech then requested to use my bathroom. I gave him permission, assuming he would be sanitary. However, he stood up and urinated, leaving pools of urine on my toliet seat. When that Comcast tech finished using the restroom, he also didn't wash his hands. 

However, my main concern with that tech was that he failed to identify a very simple issue with my internet service. The only problem was a faulty cable part that needed to be replaced. Instead of identifying this simple issue, he requested access to the roof of my building, a restricted area. There was no reason the tech needed access to that area and access to that area needs to be arranged beforehand, but he insisted it was necessary. So, that tech went home and I had to wait till today to get access to that restricted area. But, when a different tech came today, he immediately realized there was a problem with the cable in my apartment and fixed it - NO ROOF ACCESS NEEDED. 

---- 

I switched to Comcast since I heard that they were overhauling their customer service. I really hope this is true and I am able to have an appropriate, respectful conversation with managment to handle the issues I outlined above. I do not want to be told, (as I was just a few minutes ago on the phone by another comcast rep), everyone makes mistakes. When I make a mistake, I do something to fix it. I just hope that higher management in Comcast thinks the same way. 

Expert

Re: a 5-day nightmare

Hi @tuser1983,

Techs don't take off their boots as they are part of the safety equipment they use to perform their jobs (shock resistant). But Comcast provides booties so techs don't track debris into your home. Additionally, techs should take care of personal needs in a public restroom rather than a customer's home. Sounds like the tech in question needs some retraining. 

As far as the roof access goes, I don't know if that's really an issue. Techs troubleshoot in their own way. If the tech felt he needed access to a certain area for troubleshooting purposes, that's really okay. In your situation, it turns out that the tech was apparently wrong, but that's really the nature of troubleshooting, one is often taking their best guess at resolving the issue.

I've asked a Comcast employee to address your issues. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.