Community Forum

Yes, this company will screw you at the drop of a hat.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Yes, this company will screw you at the drop of a hat.

on January 2nd I went into a Comcast service center and spoke to a representative about the fact that my father had passed away on December 12th I had his TV boxes with me and the death certificate. I told her that I wanted to cancel his service the TV and for the home phone but I might want to keep the internet up and running for an additional 3 or 4 months if the price was right. she took the TV boxes and told my sister and I that there was no problem and that my father wouldn't be charged anything for the past month and his bill would end up being zero and yes she could help us with the internet for the next 3 or 4 months and quoted me a price which I was fine with so I gave her my name to put on to the account. Today I get a notification that yes my dad's account was zeroed out but that whole amount was transferred over to my name instead plus I was charged an activation fee and 4 to me and my sister when I was in that store. I am getting nothing but a runaround on this matter and I'm appalled that I'm having to deal with this at all when my father has just passed away and that this company is allowed to lie to their customers. It's like they can say whatever they want to and then just shrug their shoulders later on. Thank you Comcast for making this time so much more memorable and for forcing me to take the time to deal with this problem when I'm trying to deal with my father's death
Expert

Re: Yes, this company will screw you at the drop of a hat.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
New Poster

Hello, I do not see where an employee has tried to contact me. In fact, your reply is the only one I can see when it says there are 11replies. Guess I'm not doing something right. I was so angry last night about the whole situation and hope that someone out there will understand. If not then I suppose I'll use the 30day cancellation policy. They can put the charges they stuck on me back to my father's account and collect from the estate. There are plenty of internet companies out there including the business I use at my home and they don't resort to comcasts tactics by sticking them with a contract that wasn't disclosed and sticking me with a bill that belonged to my father and should be his estates responsibility to pay, not mine. Plus I was charged an activation fee! For what? $29.99 for someone to delete my dads name and type mine in? The service was there and up and running already.
Official Employee

Suzejoy, my condolences to you and your family during this time. I'd be happy to assist you and look into your billing concerns. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help.