Community Forum

Xfinity penalizes existing customers, the ones who keep their business alive. Advice Needed.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity penalizes existing customers, the ones who keep their business alive. Advice Needed.

Hello everyone, any advice or input for anyone else experiencing the same issues would be greatly appreciated.

I live in an apartment.

My current plan is:
Limited Basic+ 30 channels

Performance Internet (50 mbps)

Cost: $64.99 + Modem Rental ($10) + taxes and fees. Total bill: $87.22.

I had originally wanted JUST the internet. I don't watch TV. Anything I want to watch, I can watch from my computer. However, at the time of signing up for comcast, the best deal was this. It would have cost the same or more if I had just opted for the Internet, so I pretty much signed up for the Internet with the TV service being free (not really).
          My friend moved into the same apartment complex few months later and signed up with Xfinity for just the Internet only (25 mbps) is paying $50 after fees and taxes. 

I called Comast to offer me this service. Representative said this is ONLY for new customers and there was nothing she could do for me. Thanks. So as an existing customer who has given service, I get to pay more! What kind of logic is that? This is NOT how you treat a paying customer for over a year. 

The representative stated "if you cancel your service for a few months and come back, you can get the promotion." Seriously? So you want to miss out on 3 months payment ($87.22) to have me come back (maybe not) just to pay $50 moving forward? The company would MAKE more money from me by just downgrading me directly to the $50 plan as they would not miss out on the 3 months that I am gone. Comcast lacks logic here. The only thing this causes is a giant headache for everyone involved. Now I have to cancel. Sign up for another terrible service (Frontier) and come back in 3 months (after canceling with them too). 

The issue is, Frontier would be fine, but the highest speed offered in my area is 12 mbps. Not sure how that will be, but if its fast enough, then I will stick with Frontier moving forward. Comcast will then lose out on my business. But i guess that just spit in the ocean.

PS- using the internet speed test (my 50mbps plan), I average about 27mbps).

Its hard to control your emotions when the company is deliberately taking advantage of you.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity penalizes existing customers, the ones who keep their business alive. Advice Needed.

Any customersales rep available?