Community Forum

XFINITY REWARDS CARD BIG SCAM

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

XFINITY REWARDS CARD BIG SCAM

Okay. So I am thinking about dropping my XFinity account for another service provider, all because of a basic $100 Xfinity Rewards Card that had been promised to me upon signing up for XFinity Service. Here it is, May 1st, approximately 2 months after I had been promised my $100 rewards card would be shipped to me, and still no card! I have called and called and called the XFinity reward card line (1-800-526-3268) and I have been given the run around every time! Back on March 29th, I received an email from XFinity, stating that my $100 rewards card has been shipped to me, and should be arriving soon. Upon reviewing this email, I saw that the address they were shipping my card to was wrong (i.e. my apartment # was missing), but I figured, maybe they really did ship the card to the correct address, so I didn't think too much of it. About 2 weeks later, after no card, I decided to give the rewards card line another call. The lady told me, they had to reissue the card and I should receive it within 7 to 10 business days. Hellllooooo, why wasn't this communicated to me via email, just like it was communicated to me the card had been issued? No response. So I simply asked the lady, why was the card returned and reissued? She didn't seem to have a clear answer, so I thought maybe I could help her out. I asked her could it possibly be because my apartment number was missing on the package? She was like "Oh yeah that's why it was reissued." HUH!? I had to laugh because THIS COULD NOT BE REAL! So anywho, I told her have a great day and I hung up. At this point, I started to get a bit weary. I have no problem with the XFINITY service, but if XFINITY is going to be this dishonest and unethical when it comes to something as small as a freaking $100 Rewards card, no telling how dishonest/unethical they will be when it comes to me complaning about faulty service, etc. They will probably make up some excuse as well. Now back to this Rewards stuff. After the lady above told me the card would be reissued and mailed to me within 7 to 10 business days, I got out my calendar, counted out 10 business days, and left my mark (lol no I really didn't do this). So another 2 weeks go by, and guess what, still no card. So on April 24th, I decided to give another call to the oh so fabulous rewards center (not!). This time, I was told the card was reissued and mailed to me on April 10th. The lady on the phone literally counted out the number of days that had passed since the 10th, and told me that the card should arrive sometime the week of the 24th of April. I had to roll my eyes. She further stated that I should wait until the end of the week to see if the card would arrive, just so that she wouldn't have to reissue the card and I would have to wait all over again. BIIIIIIIHHHHHH I been waiting long enough so it wouldn't have been anything new! So I quickly hung up the phone, because clearly something fishy is happening behind the scenes at XFINITY. Now on this rainy day of May 1st, I decided to give XFINITY one last shot, so I called the rewards center. Turns out, the card was returned on Friday, April 28th. WHHHHAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! This time, I demanded that the lady read me off the address the card was shipped to. She reads off the address, and long and behold it is my correct address! So I ask the lady why in the world was the card returned this time? She said she really didn't know but she will escalate the issue to some other mysterious department, so that they can contact the bank and make sure the card is being mailed to the correct person and so on. But one thing she said that made me feel like this could possibly be a scam is that the team she is escalating the issue to has a contact at the bank who they deal with directly, who is going to verify the information before reissuing the card. Could it be that this contact at the bank is possibly committing fraud, by pocketing these rewards card and purposefully altering information so that these rewards cards gets returned? Ion know but something fishy is definitely happening. I may go ahead and drop my service with XFINITY because I don't do business with SHADY entities, people, etc. GET IT TOGETHER XFINITY!!!!

Expert

Re: XFINITY REWARDS CARD BIG SCAM

When did you start service?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

December 17th, 2016 to be exact.

Expert

If you've met all the requirements it can take anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks to receive your card.

You can check your status here: https://www.xfinityrewardcenter.com/

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Regular Visitor

Thanks but no thanks. I don't care about the 2-6 week general rule. I'm going by what I have been told by XFinity reps. Don't tell me nonsense and expect me to just sit by and be cool with it. Just like Xfinity wants their money on time when my bill comes due, I want what has been promised to me to come at a decent time. Hypocrites.
Expert

Did you check your status via the link I posted?

Regular Visitor

That link is useless. I've used it many times before. Like I said before, I am going by what has been repeatedly been told to me. The links and the general rule mean nothing to me. As I have clearly stated in my first post, I have been given the run around over and over again. I understand you are trying to help, but your suggestions are not anything new and isn't solving anything. XFINITY REPS should not tell me things like my card has been shipped, resissued, shipped again, reissued again, etc. without giving me clear explanations as to why. Don't tell me use some useless link or wait 2-6 weeks, when all of that has nothing to do with MY situation. XFINITY needs to do better with honoring their promises. 

Expert

Yes, I am trying to help, but I'm also just another customer like you.  Please don't rant at me.  I understand your frustration.

Official Employee

Hello, Mirababy10. I apologize for the frustrating experience you've had getting this sorted out. I've opened a ticket regarding your missing XFINITY Rewards Card. The card should be reissued and mailed to your correct address (including your apartment number) by Tuesday, May 9th. I'll touch base with you Tuesday afternoon to provide you with an update regarding the status of your XFINITY Rewards Card.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

Mirababy10, I just wanted to provide you with a quick update regarding the status of your XFINITY Rewards Card. The card will be shipped again with UPS signature required. Please confirm once you have received the card. I'll follow up with you again next week provided I don't hear from you beforehand regarding the card's arrival.

Official Employee

Mirababy10, I just sent you a private message with the shipping and tracking number information associated with your XFINITY Rewards Card. Please let me know when you've received the card. Thanks.

Official Employee

Thank you Mirababy10 for this update. Is there anything else we can assist you with going forward? 

New Poster

I been having the same exact problem! Calling and calling and I get the run around. Someone is going to sue them one day. It's definitely a big scam just to get people to sign up for their service.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Official Employee
Moved: