Community Forum

X1 complaint

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 complaint

I have four (4) TV's in my home, two (2) of which are  X1 boxes. On Saturday, July 28,2018 at 11am, my X1 box started a update and it seemed to caught in a loop because it wouldn't complete the update, and it kept trying to reboot.

At 1:15pm, I called 1-800-COMCAST, and spoke to a CSR who went thru some troubleshooting prompts with me to no avail. He then told me, that the update needs 1 hour to complete the X1 update. He told me that he would call me back in 1 hour. THAT NEVER HAPPENED!

At 2:30pm I called 1-800-COMCAST back and spoke to a CSR who went thru the same troubleshooting prompts, again to no avail. She informed me that a tech would have to come out and fix the problem. Tuesday, July 31 is the earliest appointment available. I informed the CSR that I cannot wait four (4)days, It is the middle of summertime and I have kids, so I need my TV. There was no more she could do at her level, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was then connected to employee id# BLONGA001. This CSR was so helpful (I thought), after I stated that I need my TV, he said he totally understands and he told me that after he was sent a message to leadership he found me a appointment for Sunday, July 29 between 1-4. I was elated, thinking that Comcast really came thru. I should have known better.

On Sunday, July 29,2018 I received a phone call in the morning confirming my appointment, then hours later I received another call stating that the tech is running behind an hour or two. That was fine. Then at 6pm I called and spoke to Tony ID# 22471 and she told me that she cold not get a tech out to me today, and the only way a tech would have came out to me today was if there was a cancellation. She said the CSR should never have made that appointment.  I said "NO, I was promised a tech between 1-4, she said sorry, nothing I can do"  All she could do was get a tech out on Tuesday, July 31,2018.

I am ready to call DIRECT TV today because in all the years I had them prior to COMCAST,  I never had this problem, I CANNOT believe COMCAST has CSR reps making appointments that they know are not going to happen. That is FRAUD!

I need a tech out to my house today, otherwise I am done with COMCAST!