Community Forum

X1 TV/Internet Outage - Possibly bc of fiberoptic installation??

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 TV/Internet Outage - Possibly bc of fiberoptic installation??

Hi,

This is sort of my last ditch effort to get a resolution to my issue, so forgive me if I'm not in the right place. I live in an Xfinity Community - part of our HOA fees go to basic Xfinity services. I pay an additional amount each month for upgraded service. Recently, Xfinity began upgrades to the fiber optic cable in our neighborhood (started in October, I think?) We've had occasional service outages, but nothing big/that I couldn't live with, until this past week. Service was down all day on Saturday, which I gather was planned, because it came back up right at 5 pm. Wednesday night, when I got home from work, I noticed that my service was out once again. I contacted customer service via chat, was told there was an outage, and that the services would be back online "shortly." Fine, no problem, I can live without tv and wifi for one night. When I got home yesterday (Thursday), service was still down, so I called customer service. This particular CSR told me that there was no outage, that they couldn't even get a signal to my modem, and that I'd need to wait for a tech. Unfortunately, the next available appointment is on SUNDAY - meaning I will have been without tv/wifi for almost five days. I have a feeling that the Xfinity crews that have been in our neighborhood working on this new fiber optic line must've affected the service at my house somehow, as I noticed that they'd been working on the cable box nearest my townhome. I've reached out to our community manager who is going to be in touch with the company installing the fiber optic to see if they can resolve, but I don't hold out much hope.

I guess what I'm looking for here is a phone number for Xfinity Community customers, where I might be able to get a better answer on what's going on/get a tech out sooner, if that's the resolution. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

Expert

Re: X1 TV/Internet Outage - Possibly bc of fiberoptic installation??

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: X1 TV/Internet Outage - Possibly bc of fiberoptic installation??

sdstricker, let's get to the bottom of your service issues. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!