Community Forum

Wrong social security number

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Wrong social security number

Comcast has the wrong social security number for me account.   They tell me I have to go to a store to fix it.    Since it is their error, is there someone to contact to fix it so that I am not forced to go waste a lot of time in line waiting to correct their mistake?   There is really not a correct location to ask a question about account information. 

Expert

Re: Wrong social security number

I think for security reasons you'll need to take your ID to a service center to make those types of changes. I could be wrong though so...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
New Poster

Go to the store! Same happened here and not sure when it became "wrong" as I've been a customer since 1981! But last 4 were incorrect for like 3 years now. I thought it had been corrected several times as I had issues come up and they spoke to me on the phone anyway, but no. I finally went to the store a month ago and now all is fine. In fact....I find going to the location and asking questions I get WAY more reliable answers than from anyone over the phone and DEFINITELY on the worthless chat. FYI - I had no line to stand in. 

Official Employee

Hi jojo48,  apologies the your experiences but the only way to correct this would be to visit a local Comcast store.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you