Community Forum

Will never be getting your service again!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Will never be getting your service again!

I can't believe I have turned into one of these kind of people, but after the unhelpfullness of those I spoke with today, even if it comes out to my area, I will never be getting or recommending xfinity ever again. <br><br>How can one representative say they will be able to take off a fee, then merely a month later 4 other people tell me they are not able to? <br>How is that helpful?! <br>I did not want to cancel my service, but was forced to because xfinity was not available in the area I was moving to. I get a final bill with an 'early termination fee' on it, so I call to talk to a representative about this fee. <br>I explain my situation and he happily makes it sound like I will be getting that take off and there is no problem. <br><br>Another month goes by and I don't hear otherwise, when suddenly I am down 200some in my bank account because that fee still went through. <br>So I call back and am tossed from one person to the next, with all of them saying the same thing. <br>"it's an automated fee and there is nothing we can do." <br> They won't even listen to the fact that I was promised something a month ago and do not have $200 to just throw at them. <br>I wouldn't have reup'd my contract before moving had I known I wouldn't be able to transfer it. <br>But they don't care, all they keep saying is that its a valid fee and there is nothing they can do. <br><br>Had I heard this a month ago, I would have been upset but I would have dropped it and PLANNED to lose $200. Not just have it pulled from my account with no notice because it didn't even come out at a time my bills used to. It was just pulled on a random day. <br><br>I'm so angry right now. Everyone needs to know what scammers xfinity is and that they are out to help no one but themselves!!!!
Expert

Re: Will never be getting your service again!

@Thenbrandisays wrote:
I can't believe I have turned into one of these kind of people, but after the unhelpfullness of those I spoke with today, even if it comes out to my area, I will never be getting or recommending xfinity ever again. <br><br>How can one representative say they will be able to take off a fee, then merely a month later 4 other people tell me they are not able to? <br>How is that helpful?! <br>I did not want to cancel my service, but was forced to because xfinity was not available in the area I was moving to. I get a final bill with an 'early termination fee' on it, so I call to talk to a representative about this fee. <br>I explain my situation and he happily makes it sound like I will be getting that take off and there is no problem. <br><br>Another month goes by and I don't hear otherwise, when suddenly I am down 200some in my bank account because that fee still went through. <br>So I call back and am tossed from one person to the next, with all of them saying the same thing. <br>"it's an automated fee and there is nothing we can do." <br> They won't even listen to the fact that I was promised something a month ago and do not have $200 to just throw at them. <br>I wouldn't have reup'd my contract before moving had I known I wouldn't be able to transfer it. <br>But they don't care, all they keep saying is that its a valid fee and there is nothing they can do. <br><br>Had I heard this a month ago, I would have been upset but I would have dropped it and PLANNED to lose $200. Not just have it pulled from my account with no notice because it didn't even come out at a time my bills used to. It was just pulled on a random day. <br><br>I'm so angry right now. Everyone needs to know what scammers xfinity is and that they are out to help no one but themselves!!!!

Early termination fees are explained in your contract, that thing that none of us ever reads and then are surprised with this kind of stuff.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!