Community Forum

Will Comcast have more competitive pricing?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Will Comcast have more competitive pricing?

Will Comcast be more competitive with there pricing in the future? At&t Charges $80 for 1 Gigabit while when I inquired for Gigabit speeds they wanted to charge me $139.95. Is there a competitive reason for a 75% price increase from the competitor? 

Wasn't the point of removing net neutrality to make things more competitive?

Expert

Re: Will Comcast have more competitive pricing?

Comcast does not typically compete on price. Their business plan is to offer more/better services that customers want at a premium price. In some markets, they are more competitive, but apparently not in your market.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Wonderful guess I will have to pay the premium since Comcast has a monopoly in my area and I cant which to ATT even if I wanted to. xD Capitalism at its finest. LMFAO Pay more for the same service since I have no other option. Sounds like a great business practice.

Expert

The only option I have for broadband is Comcast. My service is actually very good, but I'd like to pay less.  Smiley Sad

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!