Community Forum

Wi-Fi still not restored?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Wi-Fi still not restored?

Hello,

I am delighted and privileged to have Comcast as my cable, phone, and TV provider. However, I woke up this morning to discover that my internet has been disconnected because of a past due bill.

After discovering that Comcast did not have my bank's routing number, and providing it to them, I was told to wait 15 minutes for my internet to be restored. However, it was not. I called again, and they told me that it takes a few hours for internet to be restored. I waited a few hours; it has still not been restored.

Now I am getting an automated message when I try to call. My cable and phone were not disconnected, and I have now paid the bill, so I am confused as to why my Wi-Fi has yet to be restored.

Please restore my internet or elaborate on the issue, should there be one. Thank you!
Expert

Re: Wi-Fi still not restored?

Try the old "unplug it and then plug it back in" thing. That may resolve it for you. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

nerdburg,

I've tried unplugging and resetting via the reset button, and it's still saying my bill is past due.

Also, I'm not sure why your answer was picked as a solution...but I appreciate it nonetheless!
Expert

Got rid of the solution thing, don't know why that was there either 

I was hoping a reset would work for you but alas, no. Sorry.

You're in the escalation queue though, you should get an employee response soon. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi ZimmermanRitter! 

I can help address your billing and connection concerns. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.