Community Forum

Why was my service discount decreased without notice?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Why was my service discount decreased without notice?

From August to September, my Service Discount went from $24.96 to $14.96 without notice. Can I get an explanation and a correction?

Official Employee

Re: Why was my service discount decreased without notice?

Hello @Michaelhands. Sudden increases in fees are usually at the end of a promotional/ discount period. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price. We offer customers an introductory discounted rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate.I can assist with a review of lower priced offers that may be available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

Hello ComcastJoeTru,

I am also interested in a new plan since my promotional price has expired many months ago & just becoming too expensive!  I've tried contacting you but I cannot send PMs for some odd reason!  I couldnt even contact you through ComcastJoeTru@comcast.net lol

**SOLVED: PM began to work after making my first post.

Expert

@jqtran22 wrote:

Hello ComcastJoeTru,

I am also interested in a new plan since my promotional price has expired many months ago & just becoming too expensive!  I've tried contacting you but I cannot send PMs for some odd reason!  I couldnt even contact you through ComcastJoeTru@comcast.net lol

**SOLVED: PM began to work after making my first post.

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.  Sending an unsolicited PM is a violation of Forum Guidelines.  Please read this post.

When you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your understanding.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.