Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Why is xfinity doing a hard credit check, without authorization, on an existing customer?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Why is xfinity doing a hard credit check, without authorization, on an existing customer?

Hello,

I have been an xfinity customer for over 3 years. Recently I moved from CA to WA and I moved my xfinity connection also along with it. But despite being a customer for 3 year, and having paying all the bills on time, xfinity did a hard credit enquiry for my account in WA state. And while going through the set-up process, no one from customer service told that there will be a hard credit enquiry on me..!

Forget that I didnt authorize this credit enquiry, but with all my past billing records and having done by hard credit check twice already, why would they do it for a third time..! As an organization, if xfinity does not have any policy and process to transfer a connection between the states smoothly, why should the customer bear the price for it? This is quite unfortunate for me as a customer and xfinity should be aware of all these impacts. Think of the impact this additional hard check can cause, if the customer was looking out for a home mortgage at that time.

I would request xfinity to fix your process and take some corrective measures to remove the hard enquiry done on my account.

Thanks.

Admin1

Re: Why is xfinity doing a hard credit check, without authorization, on an existing customer?

Hi arunkumarn -- I can help with this credit inquiry issue. As you have been an established customer, it was not necessary for this inquiry to be run. I can submit a correctional request for this. I would need your previous account information to verify your established history though. I have been unable to locate it so would you be able to send that to me in a PM please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and Click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

Re: Why is xfinity doing a hard credit check, without authorization, on an existing customer?

Hello,

I am similarly miffed about a hard pull that was done on my credit also.

I had a previous account that was in good standing for 2 years. Infact as at when i moved, I was being owed $35.
I moved into a new apartment in the same zip code, but didn't think i would need Comcast services. however, my intended roomate moved away taking his internet service with him. I resubscribed for internet services with comcast a mere 3 weeks after closing my previous account only to have a hard credit pull done.
The agent handling my new told me to bring my ID for verification and never said anything about a hard inquiry. only for me to notice a hard pull in my next credit report. It's been 9 months now or so, but my displeasure isn't any less.

Admin1

Hi MightyMide -- I can help with your inquiry as well. As you had just had recent service with us running a credit inquiry was not necessary. I can submit a correctional request for this. I would need to know the date this inquiry was done in order to submit this request. Can you provide that date please?

New Poster

Hello,

Sorry for not responding on time. The date on the inquiry was August 11 2016.

Thanks.

Admin1

Thank you for providing that date. I have submitted a correctional request for you. I'll update you once this request has been worked. 

Admin1

Got an update for you. A request has been sent to Equifax. Please allow Equifax 90 days to complete this request. 

Official Employee
Moved: