Community Forum

Why is upgrading my modem so hard?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Why is upgrading my modem so hard?

Although I have had my fair share of bad experiences with Comcast reps over the years, I am really aggravated by the latest.

I get emails AND a snail mail letter stating that my voice modem is end of life, we'll replace it for free, go to a certain website.  Great, I think.

I go to the website, log in, etc.... and it tells me it's shipping it to my service address.  Which no one lives at full time.  Okay, I try to chat with a rep to have it sent to my billing address.  (Side note:  the billing address has been the same billing address since I have opened this account.)  Rep says, that will cost you for us to send it.  (All the docs/emails I have say it'll be shipped for free.)

I call the 1-800 number, the rep I speak to -- although very nice -- can't help and transfers me somewhere else, where that rep says it cannot be done, I either have to pay for it, or I can wait three days, call back, ask for the shipping department and have them change the shipping address then.  WHAT??  But make sure I get this new gateway before the old gateway stops functioning.

Fine.  I go the X-finity retail store.  I make an appointment and walk in.  The RUDEST rep I have every dealt with tells me that nope, they can't give me a new gateway without my bringing my current gateway in first, they will charge me from the time I have it and they WILL NOT credit my account, even if I call to complain.  

I walked out.

The service address for the account I am dealing with does not have a convenient X-finity store -- especially with the upcoming holiday weekend.  

I tried reaching out to the Comcast Cares team without a response.

I know there's no shortage of horrible Comcast stories, but my experience has strengthened my resolve to find an alternative means as soon as I am able.  

Expert

Re: Why is upgrading my modem so hard?

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Why is upgrading my modem so hard?

Me118, sorry to hear about your experience. Let's upgrade your modem. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!