Community Forum

Why is our mutual customer being punished because of COMCAST MISTAKE?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Why is our mutual customer being punished because of COMCAST MISTAKE?

I have Comcast Business at my office.  A customer 2 building behind me has Windstream.  I told them back in November that it would be better to go with Comcast as I am their network administrator.  We sold them CGC 150 Internet with static and was told roughly $270/month. I told Comcast that their service was on the pole less than 10 feet from the back of this building. They sent out a surveyor who said it was not available and they needed to do $20,000 in construction. We advised them this was not needed but they agreed with their contractor and FORCED the client to sign a 3 year $870+/month contract for internet/voice/TV.  Then 2 days before the installation, someone came to do the "construction" and said..."Service is already available on the pole at the back of the building and we do not need to do construction."  Comcast then stated that they had the original contract for $270ish and would cancel the $870ish contract and install Internet only using the original contract.  Then they sent a contractor out to do the installation who showed up saying he was there to install Internet/Voice/TV to which I advised him it was internet only. After an EXTREMELY long discussion with installations, they said they could not see the contractors work order and had internet only, but the contractor couldn't see the corrected order.  Long day on phone but in end internet was installed with static and working great and was told they would be billed the $270.  First bill shows $890+  Called and billing showed they have correct contract but don't know why being billed for services not installed. Long story short bill reached $2500 and they cut us off instead of correcteing the bill.  After 2 more hours on the phone and the customer paying the $2500+ bill, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THE CORRECTIONS WOULD BE MADE, Comcast reinstated the services.  4 days later, instead of correcting the bill, COMCAST TERMINATED the services and sent the customer a $17,000 BILL AND TERMINATED SERVICES AGAIN!  This is ALL Comcasts fault and now the customer is without service and a guy who said his name was "Noah" in retention said they cannot do anything until a new contract is signed and then it will take at least 10 days to get service reinstalled.  THE MODEM IS STILL ON SITE AND STILL CONNECTED AND NEEDS TO HAVE INTERNET REINSTATED TODAY UNTIL YOU IDIOTS CAN STRAIGHTEN OUT YOUR MISTAKES!

Expert

Re: Why is our mutual customer being punished because of COMCAST MISTAKE?

You need to be posting in the business class forums. This is for residential services.

Closing this thread

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.