Community Forum

Why is my payment taking so long to get processed?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Why is my payment taking so long to get processed?

Cut the shennigans and proccess my payment.

Dont even think of cutting off my service I paid you last week either Wednesday or thursday 

I paid the full amount in a nice check.

Expert

Re: Why is my payment taking so long to get processed?

@Pharrell2 wrote:

Cut the shennigans and proccess my payment.

Dont even think of cutting off my service I paid you last week either Wednesday or thursday 

I paid the full amount in a nice check.

Did you mail the check or take it in to a store to pay by check?  Was your payment late, causing you to worry about a disconnection?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Mailed it
Expert

@Pharrell2 wrote:
Mailed it

You mailed it either Wednesday or Thursday.  Then came the weekend.  You posted on Monday. 

The address you mailed to.....was it local or in another city?

You mail it.  The PO receives it and then has to process it.  That's usually an overnight thing.  Then, it gets sent to the truck to send it to the destination PO, where it again gets sorted.  Once that's done, it goes to a carrier to sort according to their route.  Once Comcast receives it, which in this case it was probably Friday afternoon, all of the mail they receive has to be sorted according to department.  From there, it goes to someone to either manually process it or scan it in to the system, which eventually gets it to your account.  This is probably done on Monday, or it could be done over the weekend, depending on the manpower.  Then, payments are batched by bank and sent electronically.  That could be today.  Then the bank sorts it according to account number.  Again, usually electronically, but it could also be done manually, and processes the payment to Comcast.  It could take up around 7 days for that payment to get to its final destination, which is your Comcast account.  FWIW, this is how it works in a nutshell.

So, it's not like it can be processed overnight when you mail a check. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

it was probably send on Thursday but after the mail got picked up so it was sent probably friday and I probably shouldn't worry until next monday.

but I always freak out for some reason because I feel like it got lost in the mail or something.

Regular Contributor

You can lock this topic it's in the process of being posted thanks everyone.

Official Employee

Thank you for this update, is there anything else I can assist you with? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.