Community Forum

Why is it so difficult to discuss plans and re-up? Why can't the L1 Reps see all plans?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Why is it so difficult to discuss plans and re-up? Why can't the L1 Reps see all plans?

25+ year customer out of contract.  Monthly bill went up $35 to $227 per month for Digital Preferred + HBO + Blast + Unused phone service in TN.  For the second time, I tried to call CS to review plans and the best the L1 rep could offer was a service swap out (phone for security) that "might" save $20 with a new 2 year agreement.  He was doing the best he could but since he was L1, I didn't trust him.  I asked about internet only plans and he told me he can't view those, only a Customer Solutions expert can handle that and view other available options.  I asked to be transferred.  The CS rep picks up after a brief hold and apparently interupted an existing call by picking up my call because she was surprised not to be speaking to her current caller.  Not a primary English speaker, she had difficulty starting the call and confirming my information, then wanted to roll into a script before having a discussion.  How was that an escalation of customer care?  I simply wanted a new price for the service I already have with any contract term.  Why can't I talk to a sharp rep who can cut to the chase and offer a good deal?  Where are those guys that used to come around the neighborhood?  AT&T Fiber and Google Fiber are building out networks in nearby subdivisions so they'll be here soon.  If Comcast wants me to stay a customer, they don't act like it. 

Official Employee

Re: Why is it so difficult to discuss plans and re-up? Why can't the L1 Reps see all plans?

Hello WBB77. We're sorry you feel that way. We certainly value all our customers, including you. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!