Community Forum

Why am I being charged the "HD Technology fee"?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Visitor

Why am I being charged the "HD Technology fee"?

I am a Limted Basic subscriber (2 HD DTA's and a CableCard) with Blast! internet, and am being charged the $9.95 for the hd technology fee where is clearly says in the latest price change information that it doesn't apply to limited basic subscribers. Phone support is an exercise in futility.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Why am I being charged the "HD Technology fee"?

This is ridiculous... I have complained about the HD "technology" fee for 2 years, and have never been able to recover this deceptive, hidden bill booster.
Comcast, you know that all programming downlinked to you by networks arrives as true HD 1080p digital media, lossless, no compression.
So if Comcast has decided to downsample the HD digital feeds to either old analog or compressed HD digital, that is your business. But you cannot charge customers to restore what you intentionally degraded.
One more item to add to my list for the MN Attorney General and Senator Franken, who has a keen interest in hauling Comcast execs before Congress to explain this kind of deceptive practice.
Jonathan Bates
Problem Solver

Hello djjonbates,

I apologize, but we actually do not receive all content as HD. We receive the content in whatever form the network provides it as, which could be all HD, SD and HD or all SD. The charge is not a deceptive practice, as the HD Technology fee and service is completely optional. You as a customer must choose to sign up for it. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reach back out.

New Poster

Hello CCCurtiss

So if i understand you correctly, if I opt out of the HD technology fee and service, I will receive programs in whatever form they are sent to you by a particular network?  That means if Comcast receives it from the network as HD, I receive it as HD.  Regardless if I pay the HD technology fee and service?  

Thanks.

paul

New Poster

Follow up on kchroma's question please. I too would like to know this. Thank you.

Official Employee

If you have HD service, there will be a $9.95 charge for the HD technical fee.