Community Forum

Which comes first, the bill or the collections notice?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Which comes first, the bill or the collections notice?

Here's Comcast in a nutshell:

goodnews.JPG

This is what you get after the person on the phone tells you you don't get to keep your @comcast email because you're changing services.

A month after receiving this email you will have to argue with a third party as to whether or not you have returned their equipment (word to the wise, save those return receipts). After still not receiving a final bill from Comcast a month after all of this happens, you'll have to take it upon yourself to check your credit report to discover Comcast sent you to collections 7 weeks before receiving the friendly email posted above, and 6 days before your final bill (that you neither received, nor was able to view online) was even due.

It will take another month for them clean up your credit report, or so they say - hasn't happened yet.

Welcome to bizzarro world ladies and gentlemen.

Admin1

Re: Which comes first, the bill or the collections notice?

Hi forty2oz -- The information you've provide is incorrect. You are allowed to keep your comcast.net email address after disconnecting services, provided you logged in within 90 days prior to disconnecting services. We do send out a final billing statement to you. It comes in the mail since you're unable to log in to view bills after disconnecting services. Any time your account is sent to collections, you're contacted by a collections agency. You would not have to check your credit report to find that out. 

We can assist you here with any billing or collections issues you have. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number. I'll help you with any billing concern you have. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Which comes first, the bill or the collections notice?

Zach, get with Che for the full history of my grievance with Comcast.