Community Forum

What's the most effective way to lower my bill?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

What's the most effective way to lower my bill?

It feels like a glitch in the matrix or something. 

Recently I've signed back up for service at my household after deciding to take over the xfinity bill. And I have been paying my bills diligently. Seems all well and good. The issue is that my bill is over 200 dollars/monthly. Out of curiosity I looked into this and when shopping for service(in incognito mode of course) I've come to discover that virtually identical offers exist in my area for as low as 50 dollars a month.

Now, I'm aware that new customers tend to get very favorble deals even if I'm not entirely sure why.  But typically when I see people discussing their bills in my area, even those who are longer time customers, they aren't paying over 100 if that(usually it's around 75-95). I tried to alter my payment plan but I'm not even presented with the option to switch to something lower than my current plan.

Does anyone have advice on how I can lower my bills? I've tried discussing this with comcast employees at the service center I use and all I get are shrugs and flippant responses about that just being the way it is. I don't want to cancel but if I can't adjust these prices then I might just be better off cancelling and waiting the 6 months until I can get those new customer deals.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What's the most effective way to lower my bill?

It appears to be a full time job of knowing trade secrets if you want some sort of decent rate.  I hope your bill is for more than one service.

Official Employee

Re: What's the most effective way to lower my bill?

Hello, AgentVince!

I would be more than happy to look over your bill and see if there are any available promotions to help lower it. Please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can help.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!