Community Forum

What's it take to cancel an order?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

You guys are pretty terrible. I ordered a phone and plan on your website. I never received an email... so after 4 days I called in. They said it was hung up for security reasons and I had to talk to the fraud group. I did that. They asked insanely stupid questions. The month and year I move into previous addresses? I get asking previous addresses but what month did you move into your last 3 addresses? Do you know? No one keeps track of that and no normal company asks those kind of verification questions. Long story short, I couldn't answer. I told the guy it was ridiculous and I had no idea. I told him I couldn't answer his questions and I wanted to cancel. He told me to call back to customer support. I called them and said I wanted to cancel the order. After they verified more dumb questions they said it would be cancelled.

I went to the store and got a phone with a plan in under 5 minutes with my ID. The guys in the store are great.

Then I got a notice that you're preparing my order and you charged my card $14.10. I chatted again and asked that they cancel the order. They told me to call in... so I did. He then said it was cancelled that time and gave me a cancellation code. Needless to say, it still shipped and is "pending activation" on my account. I've refused the package. I didn't even touch it. You shipped it from TX to PA and paid for that for nothing. Was it worth it? You're getting the box back and I will personally recommend everyone going forward RUN away from your cell service.

I'd cancel that line I'm keeping active too but I'm keeping it as a junk number for my kid since it's only $5. As soon as he needs data I'm off to a real company who can train their people. Why is it so hard for your phone and Internet support teams to do their job? The guys in the stores at least know what's going on.

Anyone know how I can complain to corporate about this?

Official Employee

Re: What's it take to cancel an order?

Hello, and apologies for your experiences when trying to cancel this service, after you authenticated yourself over the phone it should have been cancelled.  If there is anything else I could assist with or review for you please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!