Community Forum

What happened to avatars?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

What happened to avatars?

What's up with avatars? Comcast offers a full selection of avatars, as long as it's a white person-shape on black, or maybe that's dark gray, background.

There's about 15 collections in there, but they're all slightly familiar. I want my toys!

I'm not really serious with this. It's not like they're important. This is what we're paying for, and dealing with. Let's add a cool feature, then don't maintain it.

Comcast no avatar.jpg

Problem Solver

Re: What happened to avatars?

Hi gnpnb,

The Avatar program has been revised and upgraded.  The old collections have been "retired" and what you see is what's available.  If you want you can get an image of your choice from the internet and use that as your personal avatar. 

Here's a link to the thread that notified us:  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/New-Xfinity-Forum-Avatars/m-p/3050016#M147906://forum...

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

Revised and upgraded? Is that what you'd call it? The new "feature" is you can have any icon, as long as it's this one...?

I get it, this isn't your doing, you're just answering, and I appreciate the info. And point taken, I'm a little late to the game with this one.

But see what I mean is, they could take out the code. Can't be that hard, but this is what we're paying for.

Bronze Problem Solver

It's kind of like the Henry Ford quote for the Model T:  "you can have any color you want, as long as it's black." 

Seriously, though, after a few posts, you can create and upload your own avatar, like many of us have.

Edited, because you already did!