Community Forum

Water Main lines damaged by underground Xfinity Cable Pipes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Water Main lines damaged by underground Xfinity Cable Pipes

Good morning, Our house is only 9 years old and we just discovered that we have a huge water leak. Upon locating it and digging, we discovered that the Comcast cable pipe is literally sitting right on top of our main water line that goes into our house and has damaged it causing it to leak 1/4 gallon a minute! Comcast/Xfinity needs to come out and fix this issue (reroute the cable pipe and pay for the water line to be repaired.) immediately and reimburse us for the portion of the water bill that the city will not reimburse us for.

Expert

Re: Water Main lines damaged by underground Xfinity Cable Pipes

Have it professionally repaired and Comcast will reimburse you. Make sure you get it in writing that the damage was caused by Comcast.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

tistiks, thanks for reaching out about the damage to your water line. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I will definitely be requesting reimbursement from Xfinity for our out of-of-pocket expenses related to the water leak. Unfortunately the underground pipes will have to be rerouted or removed by Xfinity as they cannot continue to sit on top of water lines. I am not going to pay to have a plumber completely re-route our main water lines to accommodate Xfinity, who should've never installed the lines and tele-communication box there to begin with.

New Poster

UPDATE: Water Main lines damaged by underground Xfinity Cable Pipes

I called and spoke with Alana and started a damage claim on 5/3/18 at 3pm PST. I was informed that I would be contacted no later than Noon on 5/4/18 and that a technician would be out at my house within 24 hours of the damage claim being filed. We have dug the hole and determined that the underground pipes are Xfinity telecommunications lines. The telecommunication lines either need to be re-routed without disturbing our driveway and the road or completely removed. I called Xfinity today 5/4/18 at 2:45pm and was put on hold and transferred to numerous people, which took a total of 1.5 hours. I spoke with Jimmy, a supervisor, who told me it would take 48-72 hours before I would be contacted and up to 15 days before a technician could come to assess anything. I spoke with Joffer ID #60876, a manager, and received no updates. Joffer proceeded to tell me that he could NOT put me on hold to reach out to dispatch to escalate the damage claim and would have to call me back in 30 minutes. How is it possible that your phones do not have the capabilities to put someone on hold and make another call? Joffer also informed me that Alana's claim only consisted of reimbursement for the water leak and did not mention sending a technician out to assess the damage and next steps to remove/re-route the telecommunication lines. There is an electrical conduit box that is right next to the telecommunications box and the water leak that is not stable due to the hole in the ground and if it rains could potentially fall over into the hole with water in it and cause further damage. This issue needs to be escalated to the proper staff immediately so that this issue can be resolved asap.

This will start the saga of Xfinity not taking care of their clients properly from the installation of the underground pipes right down to the misinformation communicated to customers regarding how their internal protocols are handled for these types of issues.

I will continue to post all of my communications with Xfinity (or lack of) on the forum until this is resolved.

Official Employee

Re: UPDATE: Water Main lines damaged by underground Xfinity Cable Pipes

I understand. I see your private message and I'll follow up with you there. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.