Community Forum

Was not aware of Hard Pull on credit, please remove.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Was not aware of Hard Pull on credit, please remove.

I have been paying for Comcast service as a secondary user on a family member's account for the past year. I've since then transferred service to my own account which basically means I'm opening up a new account for myself. When I went into the Xfinity store, the sales representative asked for my ssn and when I asked why, he said it was to look up my account history and to access available deals for me. Never did he mention there was going to be a hard pull on my credit. This was very deceitful and I am disappointed because I wouldn't have gone with Comcast if I had known about the hard pull. I would like to have this removed from my credit history because this will affect my home loan options. Thank you

Expert

Re: Was not aware of Hard Pull on credit, please remove.

Comcast does not need your authorization to pull your credit regarding a transaction that you initiated since they have a legitimate business need to do so. Nor do they have any obligation to notify you. They should have given you the option of making a deposit though and the employee should have given you correct information. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Was not aware of Hard Pull on credit, please remove.

Hi duyhuynh,  I can forward to the appropriate team to review this credit pull for you and get it masked accordingly.To get started can you please send me a private message with your account information(name on account, address and account number).

Thank you