Community Forum

Was informed that $60 tech visit wouldn't be charged

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Was informed that $60 tech visit wouldn't be charged

Hi—

I replaced my cable box at a local Xfinity store on Dec. 31 due to a firmware issue. I connected the new cable box to my TV and called Comcast to initialize it; however, the Comcast Rep was unsuccessful. The Rep suggested that I return it to the local Xfinity store and get another box. So I drove back to the Xfinity store on January 2nd and exchanged the cable box a second time. A Comcast REP still could not initialize the box. 

The Rep stated that an appointment is necessary with a technician. Moreover, the Rep informed me that no fees would apply if the problem is due to a Comcast technical issue. (In other words, if this has nothing to do with my equipment or premise equipment, wiring, self-installation, etc., then charges to my account will not apply.)  A technician arrived on Friday, January 5th and fixed the box - which was due to a Comcast technical issue. I shouldn't have been charged $60.00 to my account. All Comcast has to do is say "I'm sorry, we will fix this!" That's it. 

All the best,

Kevin

Official Employee

Re: Was informed that $60 tech visit wouldn't be charged

kgriff920, I'll take a look into your tech visit charge. 

Please send me your full name and phone number via private message for help. 

KenF

Official Employee

kgriff920, nice talking to you! Glad we were able to resolve that improper charge. Post again if you need anything else. 

KenF

New Poster

This exact thing happened to me. I tried calling customer service and all they kept saying was "we provided a service and you have to pay for it. We are only charging you $60 but it costs us $150 to send someone out." Same tune from a supervisor. What's worse is my bill had an extra STB on it and I was charged for S&H when I was told that would be waved (first box sent didn't work and and had to return to the store. The store was shocked I was sent such an old box). Customer service agreed to take those two off but wont budge on the tech fee. I asked a rep multiple times if I would be charged, and I was told only if I was doing something wrong with the self install. Since it wasn't on my end, I'm pretty upset I'm being charged. I was expecting a $40 bill and opened a $155 bill today.
Official Employee

Hello @Alex6016. I can assist with reviewing the technician visit fee, and S&H you were charged. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.