Community Forum

Very Bad Service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Very Bad Service

Here is my first question (2nd and 3rd near the end). Do you (Comcast) like spending money on multiple service calls and multiple service visits, risking very unhappy customers when the core issue is simple and is easily avoidable? I hope I get an answer.

Comcast has problems. I am thinking about going to local news, Dana Fowle in Atlanta's Fox news. (Comcast doesn't own Fox do they) regarding our bad install experience with Comcast to warn others. My story is juicy.

Here is my horrible experience.  Forget about explaining the problem over and over to multiple off shore people sitting with a computer to find answers, that is another issue. To start with the subject of this post, there is only  a dual port box at our pole, supplying three customers, but that is not the whole problem.  To connect my new service, Comcast came out, disconnected my neighbor (Errol) at the pole, to connect me, a new customer, connceted for just a day. Disgraceful. Then Errol, without cable or internet, called Comcast later that day. The next day Comcast came out and disconnected my other neighbor (Larry) to connect Errol (double disgraceful). Larry immediately noticed, and complained to the guy on the pole, who  disconnected ME(!) to re-install Larry (Triple Disgraceful). Errol video taped the entire 2nd day debacle in case we need it. I did not notice right away that my cable was out in the morning but later took pictures of my newly installed cable dangling - disconnected. I called Comcast, who came out the next day. I video taped that install as well, where the technician, at least, put in a splitter for two of us three. I told the technician that I had talked to technical support and that he needs to change our pole's port box from a dual port (supplying 3 people) to a quad (able to supply up to four people - at least us three customers). Comcast had disconnected one customer, to connect another  -THREE TIMES IN TWO DAYS resulting in three service calls!  I was at  the pole the fourth time to make sure it didn't happen again. The latest technician said he "called in" the install of the quad box, until then, between me and my two neighbors, two of us are getting less than optimal signal as one service is spilt in two (reducing signal strength).The third technician that came out, said that he couldn't leave until his ipad had determined that all of my TV boxes (2) were on line.

So here is my second  question. Why not redo your ipad software to cause him to check everyone with service on the pole that he is violating and wouldn't that save you money, and customers' aggravation? 

Here is my third question, Where do I go, to get someone at Comcast to listen to our experience who has some sort of authority to improve Comcast's system and perhaps offer us damaged customers a token remedy?

Highlighted
Admin1

Re: Very Bad Service

Hi L_Carlotta -- I can help get these installation issues resolved. Please send me a PM with your name as it appears on your account for authentication. I'll be able to work with our tech ops teams to have someone out as soon as possible to get the proper connection points installed.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Send A Message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!