Community Forum

Unseen bill sent to collection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unseen bill sent to collection

I received a collection notice today from Comcast's collector ERC. The letter said that I owe Comcast $30.64 which is a number I never saw in any bill.

Here is the background: I moved my service from California to Georgia in August 2017. The service representative who helped me set up the move told me that if there is any remaining balance, it will be sent to my new address. I then set the automatic payment for the account of my new address. After that, I never saw any paper mail from Comcast. Until today, I know it through the collection agent that there is a balance associated with my old address. I thought it is Comcast's fault of failing to let me know the bill. And I am mad that Comcast sends me to the collection without any notification, even I am a current customer with automatic payment.

I am willing to pay any balance if I know it. However the act of collection will leave a record on my credit history, and it is not acceptable. I appreciate any suggestion for my situation. Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Unseen bill sent to collection

Hi @yenhsu, 

I can review your account to see if there is anything we can do to help get this cleared up. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!