Community Forum

Unhurried Drop

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unhurried Drop

Greetings!  I don't know if this post will result in any sort of action or amelioration of my situation, I do not expect that, but I really think that you folks should look at my account and all of the calls, notes, and issues that I've had as a case study in why Comcast is viewed as one of, if not _the_, worst companies when it comes to customer service.  I don't know the exact date of when we first started calling about our most recent incident, but I can tell you that it was either in September or October and was caused by the builder in my community.  We just built our house in a new subdivision and the builder cut the line to our cable.  After calling and begging to get Comcast out to restore service, we finally spliced it ourselves with help from the builder and then got the cable replaced by a Comcast tech the next week.  The tech took photos of the outside and put in a ticket to bury the cable that was replaced and let us know that it should be taken care of next week.  Like I said, that was back in either September or October, not sure which, and it is still not done.  We have called repeatedly since that time and received assurances from the customer solutions team that the burial is scheduled, but the dates come and go, and no one from Comcast ever makes any attempt to contact us.  Each customer solutions agent (like Brenda who was enthusiastic, Curry who was in a hurry to hang up and disinterested in helping, and Chantelle in Michigan that promised to follow up but never did) told me that they were in a much higher position to put in the request and would escalate the ticket, but yet the cable remains.  Now it is December and you folks won't bury the ten feet (seriously, my lot is tiny) of exposed cable until the spring at the earliest.  I just can't spend any more time or energy on this.  I put in my cancellation for this weekend and I'm planning to call AT&T to see if they can't treat me a little better (not expecting that either).

Frustrated,

Chris
Admin1

Re: Unhurried Drop

Hi Chris317 -- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I reviewed your account to see what's holding this bury up. In review, you are in an area that puts a seasonal hold on bury requests due to winter conditions and ground freezing. All bury jobs can start to be completed once the ground conditions allow the bury team to dig. I have placed a request to see if the bury team can place your account as a priority once they start completing buries. 

Admin1

Re: Unhurried Drop

Chris317 -- I heard back from the bury team. They've reiterated that buries will start to be completed once ground conditions warrant. They will work as quickly as possible to have all buries addressed.