Community Forum

Unhappy Customer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unhappy Customer

I am paying $100 a month for cable and internet services. I contacted the retention department twice to try and get a better deal by cancelling my cable and only keeping internet. They told me the only thing they could do is save me $12. There is a new customer deal for $30/mth which I am not allowed to use because I am an existing customer. I'm very disappointed that they only thing Comcast could do for me is give me a bill for $12 less. $88 is still WAY too high for internet alone! Now I'm forced to cancel my Comcast and switch to Fios so I'm not losing money every month. Very disappointed.

Regular Visitor

Re: Unhappy Customer

They’re pulling a similar stunt with me. We pay $278, they sent me a mailer...addressed to ME at my house but with an apartment “A”...we own a single family house. The mailer is promoting a gig speed triple play bundle for $149 a month.

Too bad I’m a known commodity, I’m being penalized for paying them too much money for the past 10 years. If I were new, the offer would be all mine. They were willing to give me the package, at the discounted price of $242.50...woohoo! Lucky me! Oh, but if I say yes, they take away 6 channels that are technically in the lineup, but only for current customers that are grandfathered in.

Seems odd that I’ll be treated as a new customer when it comes to the channel lineup, but when it comes to pricing I’m out of luck. SMH.

I’ve tweeted & emailed everyone I can think of. Barring a decent solution it may be time to cut the cord. Stinks too, xfinity is finally starting to get decent service.