Community Forum

Unexpectedly moving

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unexpectedly moving

It was rather sudden but just a few minutes ago I got a call from my parents that we HAVE to move tomorrow morning, the problem is I have to cancel my internet and give back my rented modem but I'm not gonna be able to, I don't have the money to pay the early cancellation fee and I won't be able to give the modem back. I just needed to ask here since no one could help, what can I do?
Expert

Re: Unexpectedly moving

@SsauLl wrote:
It was rather sudden but just a few minutes ago I got a call from my parents that we HAVE to move tomorrow morning, the problem is I have to cancel my internet and give back my rented modem but I'm not gonna be able to, I don't have the money to pay the early cancellation fee and I won't be able to give the modem back. I just needed to ask here since no one could help, what can I do?

If you're in a contract, the early termination fee will apply.

As for the equipment, you can take the modem to any UPS place and they will ship it back.  But, make sure you get a receipt for it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!