Community Forum

Undue Early Termination Charges: To be waived

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Undue Early Termination Charges: To be waived

I started service on 27 August 2017 for Internet and Basic TV. The comcast has added a package with Latino which is was not part of my order and charged me $87.06 which is almost double the charges of agreed originally. As I called customer service for Cancelling the service on Sep 24th, the customer service has offered a fix instead of disconnecting the service. So I waited for the fix and appropriate charges for basic service. I still didnt get the charges on the invoice fixed but some adjustments were done. Again the packgage was not fixed by October 2017.  Meanwhile, there were several calls maded to Comcast to solve the issue during September and October 2017. Finally, in October 2017, I called in to disconnect and refused the fix offer. Therefore the 30 days as per agreement have passed for the termination.

I have a charge for early termination since the disconnection was made in October which is beyond 30 days. Last month when I called in, Comcast staff assured that the issue was from Comcast and the early termination charges will be adjusted in the next month invoice. Today I called in customer service again since the statement delivered today has the charges not adjusted so far. The Customer service now is not getting the point that my cancellation call was refused by offering the fix which never happened. Therefore the early termination charges are still in place. How do I get this resolved before the matter gets to worst!! Your attention will be appreciated. Thank you